Thursday, November 7, 2019

If You Love Me, Don't Let Go

The basic assignment for this creative production was to find a psalm that I like and use it as the basis of my creation. For an extra challenge, I used a piece of music which is not explicitly religious (as if we could keep God out of this anyway!) and paired it with the psalm text to evoke new and expanded layers of meaning. In so doing, I wanted to make the psalm more accessible to people who are less familiar with them.


The text is from Psalm 126:4-6. The Song intertwined is Unsteady by X Ambassadors.



Animoto.com is a site that makes it very easy to create a share-able piece that mixes music, images, and text. Anyone can set up a free account there, but I had a code from my professor (they give them out freely to educators). The code allowed me to create a piece that’s longer than 30 seconds and does not contain a watermark.

No comments:

Post a Comment